Skip to main content

February 3, 2022 | Serena's diary

  I think Xander and I broke up. It hurts. Maybe it's just a fight because he's been overwhelmed, or maybe it goes to show that people always leave. The MC hates me, with a few exceptions. Sigefrid isn't around, nor is Dany. Erik won't tell me how I can prove myself. There's no use for me anymore. Not right now, anyway.

I haven't been okay for a very long time. I went from being a kickass lawyer to being a needy husk of a person. Maybe I've always been a husk and the lawyer was just a façade.

Trent will take me back if I ask him to, but would that make things worse right now? It's a complicated situation. I'd better not ask him. I can wait a little while for tings to clear up. I reckon maybe Xander and his friends need some space from us. I love him so much. I'm not letting go-- let it be known, I did try to fight-- fight for us-- but what if it made things worse? What if I phrased things poorly and pushed him away further? Time will tell, and right now, time is what he needs. At the very least, I hope he was touched by my efforts. I'm too afraid to stick around and find out.

He thinks I wasn't giving him the space to be himself and evolve. Now that he mentioned it, I can see that, but I don't remember if we had the chance to talk that out. Maybe we did and I didn't understand where he was coming from. That seems to be happening a lot lately, me not understanding what people mean.

What happened to me? I used to be so good with people.

No time to dwell on it. Nate wants to write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 17, 2022 | Nate x Royce – First Meeting

 Nate to Royce: "Didn't know anyone else was in here."   Shit! That fucking door! He really needed to change the damn locks sometime soon because this was getting annoying. Luckily though he'd merely been checking his new hardware, that had gotten infected now twice. Dropping his shirt and tossing the bloodied gauze into the trash he shot a glare towards Nathaniel. "Yeah well.... Someone was in here. Move." He half growled to the other male who was currently in the doorway of the bathroom..   "That looks nasty. Do you need any help?" Nate asked. He wasn't exactly accustomed to helping other people, but it was considered polite to ask, regardless of how rude this guy was being.   "You a fuckin ripperdoc now to? Or a doctor even?" Royce snarked rather immediately as he glanced over his shoulder long enough to glance at Nathaniel then moved to kick a rolling stool that sat at the back of the massive garage over closed to a rather tall lo...

January 7, 2023 | [ROOMMATES] – Désmoda x Harald [WIP]

  Désmoda had been living a comfortable life—well, comfortable for her. She had a rather nice roof over her head and she could  get to the market if she wanted  to ride in the carriage. But she also had a few people she could ask to do so for her… for a sufficiently-inclusive definition of “ask”. Yes, she’d released the last poor bastard she’d indentured from her cellar, but not without taking some insurance that, should she request a favor or two, they’d not feel in a position to turn her down. And now that her cellar was housing only empty wine casks at the moment, she found herself in need of someone to share her home. She’d never admit it, of course, but she did get terribly lonely from time to time. Maybe there was a more appropriate way to meet men than entrapping, torturing, and blackmailing them… but how would she know? Her mother had wanted to raise a lady and she’d wanted to spite her mother, so away she’d run when she was 16, taking some of her dowry with her b...

April 23, 2022 | Serena's diary

   I love that Sigefrid loves cuddling ♥ He's not the type to admit to it, but whenever we sit together, it's like we  have  to be touching. He's also not bothered by me doing my language lessons in his presence. In fact, he loves learning about other cultures as much as I do. So cuddling in bed with him and using Duolingo together is a pretty perfect start to our day... after the sex, of course ♥ Sometimes he automatically translates my lessons out loud, from memory, so we're brushing up on languages together. That will help with expanding our international syndicate.